Do you want to post a video on Instagram, but that video is in GIF format?
Now, it is super simple to post GIFs on Instagram, even though the GIF format is still incompatible.
Did you know that animated GIFs can be converted into video format?
Yes! You heard it right. Now, you can convert a GIF (.gif) to a video easily with the tools listed below. If you have a GIF to post and want to know how to get started, scroll down for the best methods.
BUT, first, take 60-seconds to watch this short video before you move ahead and read the balance of method that I’ve uncovered:
Why convert an Animated GIF to a video?
There are various methods of converting animated GIFs to videos. But why must we do this? Well, one of the important reasons is that many social media sites do not support sharing animated GIFs. Also, if they do support they tend to limit the file size. Video clips are supported by most, if not all social media platforms. For example, Instagram does not support animated GIFs but allows video.
Social blogging sites like Tumblr have restrictions in both image dimension and file size when it comes to uploading animated GIFs. As a result, files over 1 MB in size or of larger height or width of 500 pixels cannot be uploaded. Or they also show up as still images.
Just like Twitter, Instagram doesn’t allow its users to upload animated GIFs to Instagram. You are allowed to upload GIFs to Instagram only in video form, or you can install an external app to import GIF to video uploads to Instagram. In addition, some websites provide free GIF to MP4 conversion or other video formats.
Although Instagram users can’t directly post GIFs they have saved, they can solve GIF uploading problems easily. For example, If you try to directly upload GIFs, all you will see is the first frame, no animation. Because of this, you need to convert the GIF to a video format either from an app or using an online service.
Methods to convert GIF to video format
GifShare – Easy tool to turn GIF into video:
GifShare enables people to share animated GIFs to social media platforms. You can search GIFs from GifShare if you want. With the user-friendly interface, you can upload the GIF to Instagram from your smart device.
Here are the steps:
- Search for GIFs and download them from GifShare’s iOS app or find GIF files from your existing camera roll.
- Next, edit the GIF’s speed, background, and desired filters.
- Convert GIFs to videos with crops and effects.
- Click the Share icon to upload the GIF as a video to Instagram.
Gifaroo – Simple GIF to video converter:
Gifaroo is a great tool to upload GIFs to Instagram from Android. You can use Google search to find GIF resources. With the filters for customization, you can change the background. Plus, you can add captions in different fonts and colors.
- Browse websites inside Android GIF animation.
- Tap the desired GIF to edit.
- Share in video format to upload a GIF on Android.
Tools to Turn GIF to Video Online for Instagram
The below conversion is an online service. That means you won’t have to download or install anything. For smaller files (100 MB and smaller), this service is completely free.
1. Go to video.online-convert.com/convert-to-mp4.
2. Select the video format of the GIF to be converted. You could also choose any video format, however MP4 is the one that is supported by the most platforms, websites, and players. Go here to Instagram Followers Boost easily.
3. Upload the animated GIF you want to convert. You can either upload from your hard drive or enter a link and upload it from Google Drive or Dropbox.
4. Click on “Convert File” at the bottom of the form.
5. After a while, you will be redirected to the download page.
After these steps, the download of your video will start automatically. Depending on your browser and settings, it should immediately download it or ask you for permission and to define a download location.
Now, you can upload your favorite GIFs to Instagram by converting them to video format. These are the best methods and online tools to convert a GIF to Video.
If you know any other tools or easy software to convert or turn GIF format (.gif) to video format (.mp4 and more), let us know in the comments below!
If you have any queries regarding the above software and online tools, let us know in the comments section below.
You may be interested in these tutorials too. Take a look:
Which online tools or software or app do you use to convert GIF to video?