There are many apps and services that enable voice calls over the Internet, but to call on Whatsapp for free, it is necessary that all participants have the service installed. Since everyone has WhatsApp on your phone, the voice calls via WhatsApp is one of the most requested features. Definitely, this will be a major burden for the star Facebook Additional data service, so it is logical that they are delaying this option, announced last year.
Apparently, some users have already managed to make voice calls from WhatsApp for free by using the latest beta version of Whatsapp. The process is a little unusual because, as told in Reddit, you need to make some adjustments on a smartphone with root access, make a call, to return you to that call, both users and automatically activate voice calls, if you have the latest beta. I will explain all the steps. In this video see the procedure of voice calls in WhatsApp.
How to activate voice calls in WhatsApp now
- Two people should be connected to the Whatsapp when the call is made.
- One must have a smartphone with Root access and at least Android 4.4 KitKat, but it seems to work better with Android 5.0 Lollipop.
- Both users must download and install the latest beta of WhatsApp, specifically the version 2.11.508.
- From the command line (the app Terminal Emulator ) in the smartphone with root access, you must enter: am start -n com.whatsapp / com.whatsapp.HomeActivity
- When using WhatsApp, you should now see a new tab to make calls, something like this:
- Next is to call another person having such a beta version installed without her command has been activated. Hang up and call back. When finished, both users have activated the voice call WhatsApp