Today I am back with another article which is related to On-Page SEO which is very important to all of our bloggers to rank their website/blog on top of the Google search engine. This guide helps the beginners to get an expertise and very easy to position our blog/website on top of the Google search engine. This On-Page SEO guide includes tips and tricks. Go deep into the article for more information.
The On-Page SEO is one of the most important pillars of SEO and is mainly divided into 3 areas. They are as follows.
- Web Architecture and URLs.
- Web Performance Optimisation (WPO).
- One most important thing is SEO factors.
Many of them say that quality content is only the things which help our blog/website to rank on top of the Google search engine. To some extent, it is correct as the content is the king to any blog/website. But, this is not entirely true to rank our blog content on top of the search engine. In addition, to quality content, we require On Page Optimization too. These two are the fundamental aspects of the SEO and have much to do with the position occupied by our content on Google.
Definitive Guide On Page SEO
In this manual On Page, SEO includes 10 chapters which I am going to explain you everything you need to know to increase the visibility of your website in the search. The 10 chapters are as follows.
- What is On-page SEO?
- User experience
- The authority website
- The optimisation of the web tool
- Content Optimization
- Engagement of post
- Web Architecture and URLs
- Web Performance Optimisation (WPO).
- Summary of the most important SEO Factors On Page.
- SEO tricks you might not know.
Now, let us get into the article with the explanation of all the 10 chapters which are stated above.
1. What is On-Page SEO?
I will start this guide with the definition of the term in question. SEO On-Page is nothing but a set of techniques that seek the optimisation of a website facing the Google search engine without losing sight of the user who will access the content.
These actions are used to capture or attract the qualified or quality from the Google search engine to get traffic to our blog/website.
But, this On Page optimisation of our content not only seeks to achieve top positions but you are looking to stand out and attract the user to click on it.
Where do you start?
Before starting to write and optimise the content, we have to decide the issues of which we talk to our Blog, for this, I am going to explain the system I use.
A very common SEO mistake when you start to do SEO on our website is to choose keywords with a level of competence that is beyond our means.
How do we choose the content that you want to position in Google?
In this book, I am going to describe the three systems I use to choose the content
1. Study Keywords
Select keywords that can attract hundreds of thousands of visits to Blog. To do this we will have a thematic study and analysis of competition, and then choose keywords based on two criteria; a number of visits and the degree of competition, trying to be a low and / or medium. There are few tools which are used to select the keywords. They are as follows.
Tools we use:
2. Contents demanded by your audience
We have to know the audience choice is essential in online marketing strategy. Since we must know the content they are demanding to be included in the content marketing strategy.
For this you can use 2 systems:
With this tool, you can scan the sites similar to our websites to see which are the most viral content.
- Very fast.
- Free tool.
- Social bookmarks are not updated and may be a lag of a few days.
- The free version only allows us 2 or 3 searches a day.
You may also interested in: Optimizing the categories which helps to position blog/website on top of the Google.
2. SharedCount Sitemap +
This method is not as simple as the previous one but is more effective and can save the results in an Excel document.
Searching a site with sitemap is very easier in the whole world because the domain would address/ sitemap.xml, in the case, alltop9 would be like alltop9.com/sitemap.xml.
The first thing we discovered is that I have used a tool sitemap WordPress SEO by Yoast plugin. Now we click on he first link to access the section of the post and we will select the URLs sitemap and let’s go through Toolsvoid, a tool which is used to take only the URLs and removes the rest of the data.
And finally, take the URL and through Sharedcount tool we analyse their social markers. To insert multiple URL’s at the same time, we have to create a free account.
Click on “Bulk Upload” and add all URLs we want to analyze their social markers. Finally, we export to excel, so we can filter and sort the post for a social network to identify what type of content has been more successful in every social network.
3. Write what I asked the body
Of the three systems, this is the most natural as going to write a lot of content because we want to talk about something, and this is how we notice in writing. It is likely that this content is not the most visited of the history of your blog, and neither will the virus, but we will enjoy writing it. As I am a bit of a rebel, this is always my preferred choice.
Once we have a clear thematic for blogging, the next step is to enter into the site optimisations SEO on the website.
On Site SEO Optimisation
This guide will highlight five aspects that are very important in the SEO. These are already stated in the above chapters. Continue reading the article for more information.
- User experience
- The authority’s website
- Web optimisation tool
- A great value and content optimised
- Engagement post
2. User Experience
There are different SEO factors that refer or improve the user experience, the main factor is the Click Through Ratio or better known as CTR.
What is CTR?
The percentage is calculated by the number of clicks received and the number of prints for the search results, but to make it more graphic I will explain with an example:
Example 1: Visits or clicks from the search engine = 150, Impressions from the search CTR = 1500 = 10%.
The aim is to score as possible CTR.
The residence time of users and the bounce are the two SEO factors to consider to improve our web positioning and improve the user experience.
3. The Authority website
Here, we enter into the off page SEO, as the authority of our website will mainly depend on these 3 factors. Domain authority is a very important factor in the SEO.
- Age of the domain
- Quality of links pointing to our site/blog
- The number of links pointing to our site/blog
4. Optimising the web tool
1. The map of site
The goal of creating a sitemap of our website is to improve and facilitate the indexing of our content on Google.
More WordPress plugins used to create a sitemap are:
WordPress SEO by Yoast: One of the essential plugins for WordPress and you can also use to create your sitemap. A few years ago this type of sitemaps was not the favourite of Google, but today is a fast and effective tool to index our content in the search.
Google XML Sitemaps: This is my favourite and I use on my blog because it allows us to perform a more advanced configuration of our site map.
2. Setting Robots.txt
Do you know if you have correctly configured your robots.txt?
Robots.txt Checker is a very simple tool that lets you check whether the configuration of the robots.txt file is correct. This is the file that controls what is being indexed and not indexed.
3. Loading Time of your website
The loading speed of our website is very important to optimize our web positioning, mainly for 2 reasons:
- Improves user experience.
- Reduce bounce rate.
4. Mobile version
Check your website/blog is perfectly optimised for mobile. With this Google tool, you can analyse whether your website has a good mobile adaptation.
5. Internal links
A key aspect that could not miss in this guide is internal links because with them we can transmit force and visits between pages, and certainly one of the things we must know the optimising properly to improve our web positioning.
We all know that internal links do not have to be dofollow and therefore our intention is not to spread the authority, of our website section that does not interest position, as is often the contact section, the legal notice, policy cookies, etc.
5. Optimizing Content
It is the fundamental part of search engine optimization and a very important part of SEO On site. Writing quality content is the key factor of SEO, without which it is very difficult to climb to the top positions of the search engine, and you serve this little manual SEO.
How to optimise content for SEO?
Important aspects of SEO on site in this guide:
1. The Meta Title tag
It is one of the fundamental pieces of On page SEO and we optimise it well.
- Include the key word as far left as possible without obsessing.
- Write titles that capture the user’s attention and get it better CTR.
- Write a title very naturally, robotic work content and repeat words soliloquy is not working.
2. Description Meta Tag
It is not as important as the previous label, but we will serve to convince the user to click on it. I recommend you always end up with a call to action to improve the CTR. If you want to know how you will get your sniped in Google before you give to the key post I recommend you to use the application SEOmofo.
3. URL Format
The URL must always be in a friendly and should include the keyword as far to the left as possible. It has always been recommended to delete the words are unimportant, also known as stop words (prepositions, determiners and articles), but is now recovering again in order to add a more natural url format.
4. Structure the labels content
We all know that we should use the H1, H2 and H3 tags, but not doing it anyway. It is important that a hierarchical and well-organized structure of labels, such as is created.
<H1> How to do SEO in website and not die trying </ h1>
<H2> Tips for SEO </ h2>
<H2> Tools for SEO </ h2>
<H3> Tool 1 </ h3>
<H3> Tool 2 </ h3>
<H3> Tool 3 </ h3>
5. Density of keywords
We could say that this is summarized in the following question: Where and how many times I repeat the keyword?
What is clear is that this is the aspect that has changed in the last year and had a very artificial developed content format, where we could find a keyword density around 3%, to a much more natural where the keyword does not exceed 1.5%. Now we just need the exact word repeat 2 or 3 times and this should always be in the first paragraph.
How do we talk about something without having to repeat?
Here comes in synonyms and combinations of words. I’ll explain first:
Synonyms: The objective is to find words that Google identifies them as synonyms or similar.
How do we find these keywords?
I use the Google search engine and SEMRush own to find these keywords, very important aspect of SEO On Page.
Variations of the keyword
We must also include the keyword partially in combination with other words.
Another interesting aspect is also changing the order of the keywords, that is to say, for example, I use On Page SEO.
6. Should we always place keyword left side?
The answer is no, we must give ease to the titles of our content, this way we have to go moving this keyword in different positions of the title; left, right and centre.
7. Images and infographics
We should note the following two assumptions:
1. We must optimise our images and infographics as per SEO.
Look to optimize:
- Rename the file name for your images thus appear that keyword searches in. Example: “seo-on-page-optimization.png”
- Optimizing the weight and size of the image. A common mistake I see in some blogs is to insert an image of a size greater than it actually is shown, that we have to avoid and reduce the image to the exact size and then compress the weight to the picture as quickly as possible to load.
- To compress the images you recommend Image Optimizer.
- Add the “title” to improve the usability of our content.
- Add the “ALT text” to all images. It is important that only one of the images have complete keyword, the rest have to be variations or different.
2. The infographic is your best ally to improve SEO Off page
If you want to have a good SEO and good visibility in the Google search engine, you have to know which are very important links to other pages that point to our content. Although this action falls within the Off Page SEO, and more specifically as an action of a natural link building, I thought it is appropriate to mention it briefly because I think that is a super effective infographics to get links from the completely natural quality tool.
Facts that draw from this:
- 5 of the 6 posts “dofollow” links must incorporate at least from an infographic.
- The effectiveness of computer graphics is not only demonstrated for natural links, but they also get a “bestial” quickly.
3. The use of bold and italic
It is always advisable to use bold and italics, not only to improve the content On site SEO and Google to identify the most relevant words but also is a great facilitator of writing, as also can capture the reader’s attention.
4. Internal and external links within the content.
How many have internal and external links to use?
Is it true that if I add many external links content loses my strength?
It SHOULD include both internal and external quality to complement or provide links to content. In addition, internal links allow us to boost the SEO of other content.
Depending on the type of paper the number of links can vary, but in my experience, does not include external links lose the strength of the article.
5. Tool for optimizing SEO On Page
The objective of this SEO tool is to analyze the very important words used on the labels of the Goals, the text of our content, as well as internal and external links, the SEO aspects On page optimization.
If you want to make your website SEO audit you need to read this post about the best free SEO tools to make reports.
6. Engagement of post
There are two very important parameters that can optimize and leverage our SEO:
1. Social Bookmarks
A very important aspect of SEO, because if we got a great viral content, it will automatically popular content on social networks and you can get thousands of hits within days.
2. Comments on the post
Google takes into account the interest and debate generated by your content, and besides being an indicator of popularity can improve your web or SEO positioning.
Undoubtedly this is the most difficult task to achieve when we started with a blog, but we must try to include calls to action that encourage readers to comment on our articles.
7. Web Architecture and URLs
The best way to design the architecture of a website is doing on paper, which clearly goes establishing each party is composed and how they relate to each of them.
If we already have the web up and we conduct an analysis to see its architecture I recommend two tools:
1. Screaming Frog
The most commonly used in the SEO world. Simple and helpful tool.
A tool that you can try for free and it performs an analysis of the architecture of your web completely and graphically.
URLs short or long URLs?
There are 2 types of currents in this regard.
1. exact URLs short. Those who advocate use short URLs of 3-5 words or less, and eliminate where words are not important.
2. long URLs or natural. Those who advocate a new change in the Google algorithm that seeks naturally in the format that we give to the URL.
What format do you prefer?
8. Web Performance Optimisation (WPO)
What is WPO?
It is a set of actions to improve the performance of our website and we conducted at both the server and the page itself.
It is a very important factor for SEO and affects the user experience.
How to improve our WPO?
- Choose a hosting highly optimised for CMS that we will use.
- Compress the most of the images.
- Caching our website or blog.
- Compress HTML code.
- Reduce the number of calls you make on your site.
- Using a CDN like Amazon CloudFront.
9. The most important On Page SEO Factors
- Title SEO or “Meta Title”.
- friendly and short URLs.
- Website loading time or loading speed.
- User Experience (time spent per user, a number of page views, bounce rate and CTR).
- Format the easy user interface and simple content.
- Domain Authority.
- Labelling consistent and coherent (H1..H6)
- The title of the post.
- “Meta description”.
- Internal Links.
- The density of keywords.
- Synonyms and related words.
- Include the keyword left in H1, “Meta Title” and title, in the rest position more that should vary naturally.
- Sitemap.xml and robots.txt.
- Add the title and images alternative text (ALT).
- Bold and italic.
- Insert the word at the beginning of the first 100 words and end of the content.
- External links.
- Avoid duplicate content.
- Eliminate 404 errors.
Other aspects to consider
- Content length. See the content should be at least 1,500 words.
- Multimedia content. It will help you retain more users time.
- It facilitates social sharing. It will increase the social traffic.
- Use catchy titles. Add titles that capture the attention of users and attract more visitors.
10. On Page SEO Tips
1. Use the error page 404 for subscribers
This little trick I read in the blog of my friend and found it an excellent idea to use the 404 page. By using this trick, we can get a number of the subscriber within a less time.
2. Analyze SEO On Page of the Top 5 in Google
Never overlook all the information you can get to get the analysis of On Page SEO factors of which are located in the first 5 positions, these data will be useful to establish a context in which to place your content.
Examines aspects such as:
- Content length.
- A number of images.
- A number of videos.
- Keyword density.
- Title and description used in Google.
- Domain authority.
3. Choose keyword traffic generating by many keywords
When selecting the keyword you have to optimize the SEO on a page of your content, analyze web traffic and organic visibility of the pages ranked in the top 3 of Google, this way you’ll know if it’s worth choosing the keyword.
Other important aspects of this guide on page SEO
- Take care and avoid the most common SEO mistakes on your website.
- Eliminate duplicate content.
- Make a complete SEO strategy.
I hope this guide On page SEO is very useful to enhance and optimise the SEO of your online business. If you had like to discuss something about On-Page SEO, comments are appreciated below.