Have you deleted a file on your computer, and now you desperately need it? Fortunately, there are many ways to recover deleted files or photos in Windows 10. In this tutorial, we will show you the two simple methods.
Luckily, software developers are sensitive especially to the immutable laws of bad luck, and so they have created emergency tools that allow us to protect ourselves from it.
Recovering deleted files in Windows 10 is relatively simple because there are many methods to get it. Even Windows 10 incorporates standard restore tools will help to do it. The more complicated task is to recover them completely, especially if the time has passed since its deletion.
Recover Permanently Deleted Photos and Files in Windows 10
Let us show you the two methods to recover deleted files in Windows 10. The first one is the tool to recover previous versions of Windows 10 files. The second one is the well-known program Recuva, the best rated for this task. There are still many other sources, such as Disk Drill.
Use the Windows 10 Recovery Tool
Once if you have deleted a file or a photo, once see if it is in the bin. Sometimes it works, especially if you do not accustom to empty the trash of Windows.
If it is not there, it is the time to use the Windows 10 recovery tool. It not only serves to find deleted files but also you can recover previous versions of a file that you have modified. For example, if you have altered a document and you do not like it, you can now go back to an earlier version.
From the Windows Desktop Computer icon, or by using the File Explorer, enter the folder where the file you want to recover is located. Right-click on a blank space in the folder or in the file you want to return to a previous version. Select the Properties command, and tap on the Previous Versions tab.
In the window, you will see the previous versions of the file or the folder that you have selected. If it is a folder, enter it and there you will find the deleted files that you had lost. Note that if you restore one, the current version of that file or folder will be deleted, if it exists.
Keep in mind that this system to recover deleted files in Windows 10 only works if you have made frequent backups, or you have created restore points, and the files or folders you want to resurrect are inside those copies.
If you do not get results, it’s time to use a specialised program.
Recovers Permanently deleted files with Recuva in Windows 10
There are many programs specialised in recovering deleted files in Windows 10, both free and paid. Recuva is one of the most used software. Recuva software is free and is constantly updated, and has been well valued by experts. Recuva uses military data recovery algorithms that support new disk formats and performs deep analysations that allow you to extract files that were deleted months ago, or have been overwritten. It helps to recover files from formatted or damaged disks. Also, it works with SD cards and USB flash drives.
Step 1: Download and Install
- Download the free version of Recuva Software from the below link.
- As soon as the file gets downloaded, just double click on that file and hold on for a few seconds till you get a window as Recuva version Setup.
- Click on ‘Next’ that is displayed at the bottom of the window.
- Now, you will find a list of Install options through which you put a tick mark on the selected options.
- Then, Click on ‘Install’ to get Recuva on your computer.
- After completing the installation process, another window displays on the screen.
- Click on Finish button. Now, you have successfully installed Recuva Software on your system.
Step 2: Quick Launch- Run the File
- After finishing the installation of Recuva software, a quick launch file displays on the desktop. Click on that icon to Run and start the file.
Step 3: Choose Type of File
- You will get different file types like Music files, Documents, Video files, Images, all files, etc.
- You can choose a specific file or Select ‘All Files’ so that you can recover any type of deleted file.
- Now, just click on Next.
Step 4: Select File Location
- This is the most important step where you need to select the appropriate location of the deleted files from your Windows laptop or PC.
- Suppose, if you wish to recover the files from pen drive, memory card or any other external hard disk devices, then you need to connect those devices to your computer.
- You can choose the drive where you have deleted the file. Select a right option and click Next.
- But, if you don’t remember the specific location of the deleted file, then just mark on the option “I’m not sure”. Click “Next” for the further recovery process.
Step 5: Scanning Process
- After choosing the location of the deleted file, then you will be asked to initiate the scanning process.
- Now, the Recuva software is ready to search the permanently deleted files or data in your Windows system.
- Be sure before starting scan as it takes pretty much time in order to scan your entire drive.
- You will be displayed a window that asks for enabling deep scan.
- Don’t mark or tick on “Enable Deep Scan” and simply click on ‘Start’ in order to complete the task as early as possible.
Step 6: Final Recovery Process
- This is the final step of Recovery process where you can see a window that displays the files which you have already selected from the drive.
- Just have a glance at the below window where you will notify coloured icons like red, green and yellow that are present in front of the file names.
- The colours that are displayed represents the chance (possibility) of data recovery. The colour codes show the possibilities as follows:
Green >> Excellent Recovery
Yellow >> Very Poor Recovery
Red >> Can’t recover.
- As Green refers to successful file recovery, you need to make a tick mark in the check box present in front of the file name that has the green colour and then clicks on Recover.
- Pop-up window displays on the screen that will ask you to choose a specific location for saving the recovered file.
That is it!. These are the two methods that are very useful to recover the permanently deleted files from Windows 10. You can recover files, photos, videos, etc any type of data from your Windows 10 with these above 2 methods.
If you have any queries regarding any of the method, let us know in the below comments section. We will get back to you to solve all your queries as soon as possible.
If you know any other method to recover deleted files from any Windows versions, let us know through your comments or you can mail us at email@example.com. We will research about that particular method and will include in our article in the next update.
Which method do you use to recover permanently deleted files from Windows 10?