In the most cases, whenever we do or will use some service that requires us to identify ourselves, we choose the option to log in with our Facebook, Google or Twitter account. In this way, we avoid having to register and have a new user and password to access an application or service. However, in this way we give access to our accounts and certain personal data stored in them to other applications. So, let’s see how to remove permissions from other applications on our Facebook, Google or Twitter account.
The fact that we can log in or identify ourselves in a new application or service through our accounts of these popular services or social networks makes the identification process much easier, which is why we repeat the most users. However, the permissions we accept for these applications to access our accounts are forever, unless we delete them manually. Here’s how to remove permissions from other applications on our Facebook, Google or Twitter accounts.
Steps to remove permissions from other applications on our Facebook, Google and Twitter account
Let us see all the three processes below.
Remove other Apps Access from Facebook account
To remove the permissions of other applications on our Facebook account, follow the steps below.
- Firstly login to your Facebook account.
- Then go to the settings option which is on the right side top of your Facebook account.
- Now, in the menu that is shown on the left side, click on Applications option.
- There you can see all the applications that are linked to your Facebook account.
- Now, just click on the icon of the X that is shown when placing your cursor on each of them and then press Delete in the confirmation window to delete the permissions of that application.
- That’s it! You are done deleting the unwanted application access from your Facebook profile.
Remove or Revoke other Apps Access from Twitter account
If you want to remove the unwanted apps access from your Twitter account, then follow these steps.
- First click on your profile photo in the network
- There access the option Configuration and privacy in the menu that shows you.
- Next, look for the applications option in the menu that appears on the left side and from the list that appears in the center of the window with the application that has access to your Twitter account.
- Choose the ones to which you want to delete the permission and click on the Revoke access option.
- If you want to access them again, click on undo revoke access and you are continued to use that application with your Twitter account.
- That is it! It is done. You have successfully removed the access of the unwanted applications from your Twitter account.
Remove other Apps Access from your Google account
To do this from your Google account follow the steps below.
- Firstly, go to the page https://myaccount.google.com.
- Identify yourself if you have not done it before.
- Access the applications and sites connected to your account which you can find in the Login and security section.
- Once you are there, go down to find the applications section connected to your account and click on Manage applications.
- There you can see the number of applications that are connected to your Google account. Click on Remove to deactivate the application access to your Google account and click OK to confirm it in the confirmation pop up that shows on the screen.
- That is it! You are done with Google account too.
It is always necessary to check with applications are linked with your Social media sites and the permission that is accessible through your profiles and remove the unwanted apps. Sometimes, this leads to hacking your accounts.
It is always suggested to Turn on the 2-step verification to all of your social media accounts.
- Advanced Gmail 2-Step Verification Settings for better Security by Google
- How to Enable Facebook Two-Step Verification
- How to setup Two-Step Verification in WhatsApp Android/iOS Devices
- How to Add Two-Step Verification in Windows 10 PC or Laptop
If you have any queries let us know in the below comment sections. We will answer them as soon as possible.
Would you like to add any other important points to this story? Then, mention them in the comment box and we will include in the article as soon as possible.
Which Social Media Network do you use more?