Nowadays, everyone is using Smartphones as well as Wi-Fi in their houses or workplaces. There are few people who deal with a number of Wi-Fi connections and for them, it is not possible to remember all the passwords. Our brain is weak to store all these passwords for future use, especially if you would want to connect with a different gadget you have recently bought or even your laptop. Probably, there are no direct ways to see Wi-Fi password that you maintain.
If you think finding the Wi-Fi password on Android is a hard nut to crack, then you are wrong. There are few senseless methods on the internet which require your device to be rooted for implementation of this method. Don’t worry. It is possible to see a Wi-Fi password on Android device without rooting. So, don’t go for unnecessary methods shown on the Internet.
What is Rooting?
Many of us have probably used a Windows computer or even Linux. In the case of Windows, when installing a new program or software, it always prompts a dialog box saying “Administrator permission required to run this program.” If you don’t have the administrator permission, you won’t install the program. In Android, this is called Rooting. In simple terms, it means having the root permission to your phone. Some Android apps will require you the root permission, e.g., flash your ROM.
Steps to View Wifi Password on Android without Rooting the Device Using ADB Drivers:
In this method, you can easily view your Wi-Fi password on your Android device. The key thing is to find a way through which we can fetch the password file from the phone without using a root access protocol in the Android. For this, you need little programming insight using Windows Command prompt.
1. Access the Developer authority
- To access the files that Android uses to run passwords, you must become a developer.
- Go to settings on your Android device. Scroll down and find “About phone.”
- Tap on it and scroll down again to find Build number.
- Tap on this “build number” 5 to 6 times until a message pops up saying, “You are now a developer”.
2. Enable the debugging
- Go back to Settings. Scroll down for developer options.
- Turn on the button for “Android/USB debugging”.
3. Install ADB drivers
- Download and install ADB drivers on your Windows Desktop.
- You need to download and install platform tools (minimal adb and fast boot) from http://forum.xda-developers.com/
- Now open the folder where you’ve installed the above tools. By default, it is in the Local discCwindowssystem32platform_tools Right click inside the folder to click on “Open Command Window here.”
4. Test the ADB
- To do this, connect your phone to the PC.
- In the command prompt, type adb services and then press enter.
- If it’s working properly, you should see a device in this list.
5. Find Android Wi-Fi password
Now, type: adb pull /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf c:/wpa_supplicant.conf. This will fetch the file from your phone to the local disc C drive of the PC.
6. Open the file with a notepad and there you go.
That is it! Now you can view the presently connected Wi-Fi password on your Android smartphone without rooting.
If your Android mobile is rooted, and want to find the currently connected Wi-Fi password then, this tutorial will help you to do that. View Wi-Fi Password on Android and iOS Device – A Step-by-Step Tutorial
- If you are an iPhone or an iPad user. Here is a simple tutorial to view Wi-Fi password on iPhone and iPad.
- If you want to see the currently connected Wi-Fi password on Mac, then this article will help you do it with a step-by-step process.
- Are you a Windows user and want to know the password for your Windows system or laptop. Then here you go. Find Current Wi-Fi network Password on Windows 7/8/8.1/10 PC/Laptop
Latest tutorial on JioFi Wifi
Hope, the article will guide you successfully to view the Wi-Fi password on Android devices. If you find this guide useful, do share it and if you have any problem, let us know in the comments section below.